Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Setting Goals in 2018

It is January again and for me that means I have already made a list of goals for the year and things I'd like to focus on. This year I want to make sure I am scrapbooking more. I want to make sure I am using things I already have. I want to try new techniques. I want to complete an album. 

I started to Bullet Journal again and this is helping me sort out my goals. 

The first goal is huge. I want to make at least 5 layouts a week. That will be a total of 260 pages by the end of the year. I kept track of how many layouts I did last year and I was somewhere around 118. If I hit 200, I will be happy. But I am saying 5 a week because it is a nice solid number to strive for. 

Second, I am planning to use my scrapbook instagram more. I find it keeps me excited and engaged to share what I am making. (@moscraps). 

Third, I am going to come back to updating my blog. I have some challenges I am working on and classes I am catching up on that will hopefully result in lots of layouts to share! 

I am also working on sorting through my pictures on Google Photos to decide which I want to print for scrapping. This has been a huge undertaking over the past year and I'm still working on it. I ended up completely reorganizing my albums chronologically and I love it. Now I can see where I am missing photos and stories by comparing to Google Photos. 

I also have a daily plan to help me when I'm stuck.

Scraplift Sundays - I will look on pintrest, blogs, instagram, facebook for a layout I like (5 minutes max) and then run to my desk to make a layout inspired by that one in some way. 

Mini Album Monday - I will work on mini albums more since I have so many that are begging to be used. 

Technique Tuesday - I will try out a technique I am unfamiliar with or rarely use

Stash Kit Wednesday - I will create a stash kit or use one

Jar Challenge Thursday - I will take out one of the challenges from my jar and complete it

Kill a Kit Friday - I will use my Hip Kit or Counterfeit Kit in an attempt to use it all up

Sketch Saturday - I will find or create a sketch to make a layout

I wish everyone luck in completing their goals this year! Hopefully I am able to stay on track with mine. I've already worked on a mini album and a layout this week so I am feeling the motivation build! 

No comments:

Post a Comment