Sunday, January 7, 2018

Scrapbooking in January - Week 1 Challenges

I discussed some of the goals I had already for this year and so far I am on track. I worked on a mini album and made 5 layouts this week, including 1 Disney layout. 

The first challenge was to work on my mini album, which I did, but didn't grab a picture of it just yet! 

The next challenge was to use one of the stash kits I had sitting in a bin. I made this kit a while back and it was perfect for a single page. I am a huge fan of doilies lately. And I was so happy to cut into that transparency paper. Sometimes I hold onto those for way too long!




The next challenge was a Jar Challenge. I had to use a color wheel. I went online and chose the following colors using the Triad option.




I went to work, first taking papers from my 100 papers bin. Then I took out one embellishment sheet that had all the colors I was looking for and found this picture of my son wearing pretty much the same colors for his school picture this year. It all worked out pretty quickly. 








Next I had to "Kill" a Kit on Friday. I made two layouts, but one has a class picture with school sign so I decided not to post that one. The other layout is below. I have been holding onto this book paper for a while now knowing that I wanted to use some pictures I've taken this year while reading. I am so happy I decided to focus on reading again so I wanted to make a layout about it. 




Finally, I used the Hip Kits Club Sketch  from this week to create the layout below for my Sketch Saturday. I am thrilled with how my Disney Album is turning out. I did take Shimelle's Disney class over the summer and hope to finish going through all the videos and sketches to make even more layouts for this project. 




 That is all for now! Happy Scrapping! 




No comments:

Post a Comment