Friday, October 5, 2012

CSI Case Files

Hello

C.S.I. Case Files is a wonderful challenge site that has plenty of inspiration. They give you a color scheme to try, some challenges for your embellishments, and some ideas for journaling including what to journal and how. They also show you the picture where they got all the inspiration for the challenge! It is a lot of fun!! The layouts on the website are unbelievable. Those scrappers are amazing at making collages on their pages. I'm pretty jealous.

Below is the picture from Case File # 1:




And here is my page, very loosely following that color scheme- it was hard to get those exact colors! Also, I challenged myself to use very old papers for this, as I often do with these challenges. It is just so I use my old stuff and stop buying new stuff. :)


For the "evidence" part I used distressed ink on the edges of all the papers, and added a splash of ink to the background (in that bright lime green) and added that bit of lacey transparency. For the "testimony" I journaled on tags.

I couldn't figure out which one it was, but I am also pretty sure I used a sketch from Shimelle for this one. She has a ton on her website. You will quickly see I draw inspiration from her layouts all the time.

I like having to follow the color scheme with my patterned papers. This challenge is definitely worth a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment