Saturday, October 6, 2012

4x6 Photo Love

Hi!!

I am enjoying my four day weekend! Well, somewhat enjoying it, I am cleaning all over the house. But I also got to organize my scrap closet a bit! I love my scrap closet. The only unfortunate thing is my clothes live down the hall in another closet because I wanted the closet in my bedroom to be my scrap area.

Today I wanted to show you Shimelle's challenge from 2011 on Two Peas. It uses 4x6 photos on all twelve projects. Each month, she added one more 4x6 photo to the  layout- starting in January with 1 photo and ending in December with 12!

Here is the first 4x6 Photo Love Challenge.

And here is the layout I made based on that challenge:



I used different fonts, which was different than what I usually do. I think i was just trying to use up some of the ones i had sitting around with most of the letters missing.

Also, this was one of my first times using October Afternoon's Mini Market Stickers. Since then, I've been in love. I bought quite a few sets from Steal Network, which is a wonderful 2 deals a day site that offers scrapbooking collections and products at a discounted price!

I also used a lot of my mother's buttons in this layout. She was in a card making and stamping phase- I get to go shopping through her stash every once in a while.

Using 4x6 photos in my layout is definitely my favorite. I get pretty anxious about cutting my pictures and having them end up looking uneven or damaged.

Hope you try out one of these challenges! I mean, why not? Those inspiring scrappers all over the world put them out there for us to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment