Wednesday, October 3, 2012

And Now For Something Completely Different

It would only be fitting that my first post be a layout I did inspired by my scrapbooking hero Shimelle Laine. I just find her work and her videos so inspiring and beautiful. She literally changed the way I scrapbook from boring pictures taped every which way on cardstock to a new style with more embellishments and smarter techniques. I could go on forever. She is wonderful.

Now on to the challenge!

Shimelle does a monthly challenge at UK Scrappers found here. On the 10th of each month she tells you what supplies to get ready. On the 20th, there are 20 steps to follow with pictures to make it so simple to learn.

Here is my take on the January 2012 Challenge:


It was fun! I tried out liquid glue and glitter for the first time. This was also my first time stitching on a project. And then painting with my Jenni Bowlin paint dabber I got in a kit once was pretty cool! I love using things I have sitting around but never play with. I have issues with titles and journaling sometimes, especially with the random pictures like these with my son standing around our yard, so it comes out in song.

I encourage people to try this class/challenge out! She really gets you using things you have sitting around but are not getting used enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment