Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Scrapbooking in January: Week 2 Challenges

I had a productive week and kept up with my challenges! I was able to find a pocket of time here and there to work on layouts and I allowed myself the freedom of leaving a project undone and coming back to it later. It helped me get 5 minutes here and there. 

I put together a kit and photos for a mini album I want to work on. I guess it really isn't mini but it is a 9x9 album, so smaller than what I typically work with! Hopefully I'll have my first page done next week. 

Then I worked on the Magical Scrapbook class from Shimelle and came up with this layout for my Disney album. It's another Star Wars Jedi Training one.  


Next I wanted to scraplift a few layouts I found on Pinterest that used this design where they would have two smaller photos and 2 patterned papers int he background, one a 3x12 inch. 


Next I wanted to use a technique I don't do very often. This time was "smooshing" with mist inks. I love how this looks, but I always seem to get nervous with mixed media. Luckily, this one turned out really pretty and I would love to give it another try soon. It's actually pretty easy to do! 


The next challenge came from the Challenge Jar! This time I had to use triangles. I used my neglected triangle punches for this challenge. I find that I always go for circles and squares but I do like to mix it up every now and then. I liked this challenge. 


I went back to the Magical Scrapbook class to work on a few more Disney layouts. This was a design that could work several ways so here are my layouts for that. I'm really not afraid to use those themed papers and embellishments! I have them so I'm going to use them! 



And finally, in an attempt to Kill yet another Kit I have in my stash, I made this layout. I gutted those papers so I could use them again but I really liked the way it all felt like a messy stack. I have a feeling I will be trying this again! 


No comments:

Post a Comment